Chevening Scholarships for International Students. Interested applicant are invited to participate on the ongoing chevening scholarships. Read through to determine your eligibility.
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations.
Chevening is the UK Government scholarships and fellowships that enable future leaders to study in the UK, whilst joining a global community of professionals who are creating positive impact across the world.
The aim of this program is to help international students who are less opportune to further their education due to lack finance. It offers awards to outstanding students with great leadership potential globally to study for a postgraduate (masters) degree at any university in the UK.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chevening
- Scholarship to be taken at: United Kingdom
- Scholarship level: Postgraduate (masters)
- Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at any UK university
- Country Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from Chevening-eligible countries.
These scholarship typically covers tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, economy class return airfare to the UK and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
Chevening Scholarships Eligibility
Applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country who have been offered admission to study at any UK university for the 2021/2022 academic session.
- Applicants must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country or territory after the completion of their studies for a minimum of two years.
- Applicants must meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2021.
The 2021/2022 applications for the Chevening scholarship will open on 3 September, 2020. Applicants are enjoined to prepare their academic credentials and other supporting documents ahead of the opening date.
Note: Before submitting your application, it is recommended that you read the guidance offered as it will help you find the right courses, choose appropriate references, and avoid common mistakes that other applicants make.
Application Deadline: 3 November, 2020