Study in Ireland on Postgraduate Scholarship. Scholarship application is ongoing in Ireland which African students are allow to apply. The scholarship is sponsored by the Government of Ireland.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate recorded over the past five years.
Scholarship to be taken at: Eligible institutions in Ireland (see eligibility criteria below)
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: See what the program offers (below)
Subject Eligibility: All disciplines
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
Candidates are advised to read it carefully before beginning application. And also, see eligible institutions accepted in the programme.
This Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Other features
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
What the Program offer
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
Scholarships Application Procedures
Potential applicants should read the 2021 Government of Ireland Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply for the ongoing study in Ireland scholarship. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online application system.