Master’s Award of Excellence Scholarships. Students are invited to apply for the Master’s Award of Excellence at the University of Waterloo, Canada. Interested applicants are advise to read through this article.
Students will be selected based on academic excellence as demonstrated through their scholarship application form. Faculties will nominate eligible students based on the Faculty’s award allocation
Scholarship to be taken at: Canada
Scholarship Slot: Not specified
Scholarship Worth: $2,500 for five terms
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
To be considered for the International Master’s Award of Excellence Scholarships at University of Waterloo, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
Note: Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
Applicants are to apply for admission into an eligible program at the university for the summer or fall session and will be automatically considered for the scholarship if they are eligible.