International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University in USA. As an institution of higher learning, Alvernia University excels at producing ethical leaders with moral courage to do well and do good. It provides a limited number of international scholarship awards to eligible degree-seeking candidates.
However, interested scholars have to complete a separate scholarship award application along with an application for admission. All candidates who wish to school at Alvernia University have to fill out an online Alvernia admission application.
After getting admitted to the university
Foreign students may put in for this International Students Scholarships opportunity, which comprises of several levels of support varying from $10,000 to $22,000 each year as a merit award. These scholarship awards are provided to both freshman foreign students and those transferring from another college or university situated outside the US.
Worth of International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University
Subsequent to submitting the admission application, foreign students may put in for this scholarship award opportunity, which comprises of different levels of support ranging from $10,000 to $22,000 each year as a merit award.
Alvernia scholarship awards obtainable to qualified international candidates include:
- International Honor Scholarship award is$22,000 each year for the top performing student finishing their previous studies with recognized accomplishments.
- Global Ambassador Scholarship award grants $15,000 each year to qualified foreign students who exhibit leadership prospect and a will to serve as a cultural representative in the United States.
- International Envoy Scholarship award offers a $10,000 scholarship award per year for achieving scholars.
- Catholic School Scholarship award grants $1,000 to first-time, full-time freshmen finishing from a Catholic secondary school. It can be merged with other awards and also incorporated into financial assistance packages and will be applied automatically to qualified students’ applications.
Eligibility for International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University
Alvernia University provides scholarship awards to each admitted foreign freshman and transfer student looking to earn an undergraduate degree program as a traditional day candidate at their main Reading campus.
These merit scholarship awards are renewable for four sessions (up to eight semesters), all in the same value. Scholarship awards cannot be merged with any other award, like a government scholarship award, therefore a candidate cannot put in for an International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University if they are already getting another financial award.
However, such students should
- Be a full time, degree-seeking undergraduate candidate enrolled in mostly daytime classes.
- Have obtained a minimum 3.0 overall aggregate GPA by the scholarship award application closing date.
- Meet English adeptness and financial requirements.
How to Apply for International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University
The application is a form that the candidate has to complete and hand in to their Admissions Office so as to apply for a scholarship award. Please send an email to email@example.com to get this application after you are admitted to Alvernia.
While handing in your application, make sure you submit each of the following credentials:
- International students scholarship application.
- Statement of the planned study. This should be a distinct document, in which the student candidate describes (in 300 words or less) why Alvernia University should offer them with a scholarship award and how their academic and personal objectives will add to the campus community.
- Unofficial Grade Report. The candidate is required to submit all grades from all past schools attended.
- One Recommendation Letter. This letter has to be submitted with the scholarship award application packet before the closing date.
The Selection Process will start after the May 1 scholarship award application closing date. During this period, the International Scholarship Committee will evaluate all applications submitted. A minimum of three members of the committee will autonomously review each application. Alvernia University will inform candidates of the outcome at the end of the process.
To renew your scholarship award during your studies, you have to enroll each semester as a full-time candidate, which is minimum of 12 credits, and keep a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or more.